[OM] sticking leather

Subject: [OM] sticking leather
From: BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:10:08 -0500
I'm sorry to hear you used silicone sealant. Silicone tends to stop anything
else from sticking. You will need to clean off the silicone well. I would like
to add my recommendation for Pliobond. When we say rubber cement in the US, we
often refer to the stuff sold in stationary and office supply stores, for use
with paper. This is a short term solution. Pliobond is better described as
contact cement (although not quite the same)and works about as good as possible
in this situation. Here, it is found in hardware stores like Ace and True
Value. There is another similar product that our overseas members say is the
same, but the name escapes me.

Bill Pearce