[OM] OT Off Topic posts, politics, ect. WAS: OT Threats from list member

Subject: [OM] OT Off Topic posts, politics, ect. WAS: OT Threats from list members
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:33:58 -0800
I don't remember who it was that suggested when the thread in question
start that it should be dropped because it could get out of hand and
people's tempers would also get out of hand, but it was very good
advice, to bad it was ignored. That it resulted in the predictable
escalation leading to name calling, threats, and bad blood should come
as no surprise to anyone who has frequented the internet for very long.
Some folks just can't seem to show restraint and let these inflammatory
off topic threads die. I wonder if we will ever learn?  I would hope so,
but have my doubts.

Jim Couch