[OM] Re: I could be convinced

Subject: [OM] Re: I could be convinced
From: David Cochran <cochran@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:32:09 -0400
Hi AG:

Your "I'm reminded" story just lifted a red flag in my head for digital
cameras. If things continue as they are today with digital technology, I
fear that digital cameras will have the same fate of computers, they may
become obsolete the moment you buy them. That is very scary.

peace

David

snip
> I'm reminded of January 1986.  I went into a camera store and
> took a gamble with a camera system.  A certain company had
> produced several exceptional cameras with every imaginable mode.
> Imagine, having a camera with full program, aperature priority,
> shutter priority and manual modes.  Imagine, a camera that was
> feature-wise way ahead of the competion.  The handwriting was on
> the wall, and the word-on-the-street was that all of the other
> manufacturers were about to go out of business if they didn't
> join the feature war.  I decided to go by what I felt was a
> better "camera" not a just become a slave to the features.
> Hence, I walked out with an Olympus OM-2S instead of a Canon A1
> or T90.
>
> 18 years later, I'm STILL using the same camera and lens that I
> walked out of the store with.  Meanwhile, those who chased the
> feature wars have changed cameras HOW MANY TIMES?
snip