[OM] Re: Fred Miranda actions

Subject: [OM] Re: Fred Miranda actions
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 15:36:23 -0800
That's true and Miranda makes no bones about it. These are _actions_ for
PS, not the result of some magic wand of his own creation. Indeed, you can,
for example go through his IS action step by step and change the default
values he has already assigned according to what level of sharpness you've
selected.

What I find of interest and admire is that Miranda took the trouble of
reading what was available on PS (presumably), combined that with his own
editing experience, wedded this to what he wants to see or suppose others
would find acceptable and then wrapped it all in various action packages
for end-users such as you and I to use in our own work, thus saving us the
need to become experts at that level in PS--with meaningful time saved and
better quality the result.

Hard to argue with that.

The first sharpening routine I saw from Miranda was, in fact, not an action
package at all but rather just step-by-step instructions for achieving
better effects in PS using the tools available to everyone.

I say let's not fall into the trap of taking a jaded view of knowledge once
we manage to "learn" what others only knew before and have since taught us.
All of this was available to anyone with the time, motivation and
intelligence to operate PS to its best advantage. And I wouldn't be
surprised to find something better still published by yet another PS user
tomorrow.

For that I'm glad and thankful.

Tris