[OM] Re: Digital Bridge Camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Bridge Camera
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:37:32 -0800

On Feb 9, 2004, at 11:03 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> I had been running through this exercise myself when AG sent his
> epistle
> on bridge cameras.  I ended up in pretty much the same place as he did
> and his comments set me much more solidly in the Minolta A1 camp.

I think that bridge camera might also include the idea of transferring
things learned to whatever it is a bridge to. Camera makers tend to use
many of the same ergonomics and controls in their top of the line
digicams and in their dslr models. Sort of a philosophy of how to use a
camera. So maybe the bridge camera ought to be of the same make as the
camera you think you are going to move to, flattening out the learning
curve a bit. So maybe an E-10 or E-20 would be a good way to transition
into an E-1. Right now the Minolta has nothing to transition to,
although there is a digital SLR rumored to be in the making.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA