[OM] ( OM) OT virus trap

Subject: [OM] ( OM) OT virus trap
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:44:19 +1300
Hi folks

Beware

If you get a message reading like this one, don't click on the link; the page
dumps a virus on your machine ( mine got caught and killed - I think).

Date sent:              Mon, 09 Feb 2004 05:57:10 +0000
From:                   fran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:                congranulations! You won $12305
To:                     Bj <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://sinaraevent.co*m/bbs/zi*pcod*e/*6.h*tm

Take out the asterisks I inserted and you get the dangerous URL.

It didn't originate from Finland as it seems to indicate, but the USA.

And NO, I didn't think I had won $12305. I was just curious to see what
particular crank trick this one was. It's the first time I have encountered a
site
that dumps a virus on you as soon as you visit. It goes directly into the
browser cache.

Brian