[OM] Re: F280 Flash consistency Spec

Subject: [OM] Re: F280 Flash consistency Spec
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 16:07:54 -0500
For what it's worth on this subject:

I only recently began using the Oly macro flashes (the T-28 twins,
T-8 and T-10) with my MF gear.  There's no TTL flash here, so I'm
stuck with a choice of full or half power and figuring the
exposure myself.  Before I shot the first roll of film, I did a
lot of testing with a flash meter, taking readings from both the
subject position and off the ground glass using a gray card
target.  The meter, a Sekonic L-718, reads in 1/10 stop
increments, which is close enough for anything I will ever do.

Conclusion: Using either Ni-Cd or fresh alkaline batteries, 20
seconds after the ready light comes on, the flash has reached full
power and won't put out a smidgen more, no matter how long you
wait.  Comparing 20 seconds charging time with one minute and two
minutes never deviated more than 1/10 stop.  Since the T Power
Control is (I think) essentially a modified T32, these findings
should have broader application than to just the macro stuff.

And, by the way, a 6x9cm 1:1 Velvia tranny shot with a 100mm
Schneider APO Symmar-S is a fabulous and wondrous thing to
behold.  If  my renewed passion for this format continues, I may
be unloading some OM gear to raise a little cash soon, so watch
this space for announcements.  I've got an Epson 2200 printer on
the way, and although the Epson 3200 scanner does a nice job at
3200 dpi, I have a feeling a Minolta DiMAGE Multi Pro (4800 dpi)
will be what it takes to satisfy me, which means  I'm going to
need to part with some stuff, which will hurt.  But, like they
say, no pain, no gain.

How much can I get for a mint 90/2 Zuiko macro, with box?

Walt