[OM] Re: [OT] Did Maitani go to Pentax?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Did Maitani go to Pentax?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:20:11 -0500
I think maybe there's too much loose news running about on discounts and
rebates.  DP Review claimed:

"Pentax USA today announced that it is cutting $300 from the retail
price of the *ist D digital SLR as well as an additional $200 from the
16-45 mm DA lens if bought with the camera. By our estimates this means
you should be able to get the *ist D with the 16-45 mm lens for around
$1630 ($1399 for the discounted body and $229 for the lens), that's the
camera and lens bundle for around $60 under the original retail price
for the body alone..."

As far as I can tell there have not been any price reductions noted on
sites like B&H.  B&H is selling the body for 1350 which I believe is
their normal discount (about 20%)from the original list price which was
approx 1700(?).  Canon has a rebate certificate on their web site worth
$200 (not $300) off the 16-45 lens when bought with the body so I can
verify that.

Perhaps the web sites just aren't keeping up.  I can't even find the
16-45 on B&H's site.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA