[OM] Re: Here's a new wrinkle- Beware

Subject: [OM] Re: Here's a new wrinkle- Beware
From: Doug <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:18 -0500
On Saturday January 31 2004 12:00 am, you wrote:
> Hi Listers:
>
> Here is indeed a new wrinkle- it smells like SCAM to me---
>
> (Notice its unsigned== Best Regards ---blank)
>
> Gord
>

> To member:   wildcalgary
> From member: BLBL9154foa

Snip

Let's see BLBL9154foa has a feedback of five 3 in 2000 and 2 from late 2003.
The email address electronicsales@xxxxxxxxx is a webbased address that doesn't
seem to go with the member name. Western Union, too much irrelevent
information in the email, detail that makes no sense. What does his CC being
maxed out have to do with selling on ebay? It also seems to me to be in the
same writing style used for the Nigerian scams. I'd say defineitely a scam.