[OM] Re: Updated ebay prices, ave. value

Subject: [OM] Re: Updated ebay prices, ave. value
From: Radovan Faltus <FaltusR@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:24:33 +0100 (CET)
Cc:
Hi Markus and all fellows,

   I have to say it is very useful work you
did. But one thing i saw in you statistics doesn't
seem to be real: Control pack ave. price : 300 USD?
Isn't it mistake?

  About average value: Arithmetical ave. value in
not so much suitable in statistics, it's danger is
that one extreme value can distort the result to nonsense
value.
  In my opinion the best way is to calculate
statistical MEDIAN, which means: the same quantity
 of values (prices) is above and the same quantity
below the median. I think this is meaningful only over larger
file of values (let say 7+), but anyway you can't make
statistics from 3 values.
  Maybe you know this all, so then you can forget my notice.

Thanks for that web,
Radek