[OM] Re: [OT] Li-Ion battery question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Li-Ion battery question
From: Ian Nichols <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:57:48 -0000

--On 29 January 2004 20:06 -0500 Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Answered my own question.  see table at bottom of:
> <http://www.computerhope.com/battery.htm>

That looks a bit out of date for a few reasons.

Li Polymer batteries are now a reality (have been for a few years now)

NiMH cells are now up to 3x the capacity of NiCd - biggest AA NiCd I've
seen is 700mAH, though I understand there are bigger ones out there.

On the subject of self-discharge of NiMH cells, I've noticed that there can
be big variations in self-discharge rate between different manufacturers.
I've got some Kodak branded 1600mAh ones that seem to stay charged forever
and some Hama branded ones that are nearly useless after 2 weeks. "Charge
no more than a couple of days before use" should be your guideline, I
guess.