[OM] Re: Diffraction Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Diffraction Lenses
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:43:51 -0000
Aha, thanks Chuck - it's Fred Winterbottom 1 Piers 0.  Don't bother telling
me the difference between diffraction and refraction, spare me the shame!

To my understanding, a telephoto lens one in which the distance from lens
node to focal plane is less than the focal length - and that pretty much
means what you say.  Excpet, of course, that it is a zoom lens in question.

Piers