[OM] Re: [OT] glue recommendation?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] glue recommendation?
From: "Jamie Costello" <jcostel1168@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:11:43 -0500
White glues nowadays are primarily "PVA" glues (polyvinyl acetate).
Casseine or milk sugar/solids have not been commonly used commercially for
decades.  Yellow are glues are of similar construction with additional
hardeners added to prevent "creep" after drying and provide some limited
resistance to ambient moisture-induced softening.  PVA glues do not really
"cure".

I wold think that almost anything would glue plaster well.  One plaster has
cured, it generally is not soluble in anything likely to be found in common
glues.  Epoxy would work as would PVA, contact adhesives.  To glue irregular
surfaces, you need a glue with "body".  CA glues (cyano-acrylate
"superglue") which are normally pretty runny can be used in gel form.

Jamie
Fort Myers, FL