[OM] Re: Will Olympus America provide OM to E-1 adapters... free

Subject: [OM] Re: Will Olympus America provide OM to E-1 adapters... free
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:48:52 -0700
At 09:37 PM 22/01/2004, you wrote:
>As I mentioned in my "Mac World Report" post, the Olympus of America did
>not deny the existance (a huge step forward) and indicated they probably
>will knuckle under and release the adapter here--no promises made, but a
>very positive statement.

Damn straight.  I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I could also mount my OM
lenses.  I've played with the E-1 at my local pro store, and it was lust at
first grope -- but the idea of socking ten large on new lenses to replace
my existing stable (even if it was ten large CDN$) was just a bit too much
for me...  and I'm the classic impulse buyer.  8^p   While stop-down mode
is a step backwards, realistically, it's not like I do a lot of dynamic
high-speed shooting.  I can stand to do a few moments' setup for the
advantages.

Garth