[OM] Re: WTB: 300mm f4.5

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: 300mm f4.5
From: "Dean C. Hansen" <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:36:55 -0800
Hi Tom, Mark, Walt, John, and other list readers,
    I had mentioned that I picked up a 300/4.5 OM lens from Cameta.  I
guess I kept my tongue-in-cheek attitude a bit too well hidden in the
post--the lens arrived today, it is in mint- condition, and, yes, it is
a silver nose.  I'm pleased. It definitely won't be relegated to paper
weight status.  What was going through my mind when I emailed Cameta an
order for the lens in the early evening was simple:  this isn't a bad
price, is it?  I could use the lens, and if I wait 14 hours and phone
Cameta the next morning to ask about it, won't someone else snatch it up
in the meantime?  Hem, haw, weigh pros and cons, and finally take a
chance:  buy--before someone else does.  Maybe next time I'll come up
short;  this time, I believe, I came out OK.  It was much like a BIN on
da bay--grab it, and maybe gloat a bit, or pass it up, and maybe be glad
you did.  As soon as this Arctic cold front moves on, I'll give every
one of those 300mm a try (as a lens, not as a paper weight).
Dean