[OM] Oly Japan response to comment on OM to E-1 adapter

Subject: [OM] Oly Japan response to comment on OM to E-1 adapter
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:45:37 -0500
Following is my second note to Oly Japan on the subject of the OM to E-1
adapter.  In the first I threatened to buy a Canon 10D if they didn't
release the adapter rumored to exist.  I was advised that the situation
was up in the air and to please wait awhile.

This second one is a response to my indignation that some limited number
of adapters are being given out in Japan as reported by Jim Terazawa.
The response is interesting as it lays the blame on Olympus America if
no adapters are available here.

Following are the response and my note:

Dear Mr. Chuck Norcutt,

Thank you for your reply.

Originally, the OM lens had not been provided intended to use for a
digital camera. The combination of the OM lense and E-1 may not
demonstrate their true abilities depending on settings of aperture or
the combination of particular lens and E-1.
We are unable to sell a product which may not operate properly.
Therefore, we had decided not to sell the adapter for the OM lens.
However, we provide the Four Thirds mount Adapter for the OM lens to E-1
customers in Japan free of charge, since we have received so many
requests for the lens adapter for E-1.

OLYMPUS Tokyo delegates service, sales and marketing activities outside
Japan to our local distributor or representative. Our accessories and
products
which are dealt in each country are decided by them.
Therefore, we are unable to inform you of the reason why the adapter
is not available in your country.
We would like you to contact our distributor in your country.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,
Manabu Oikawa
Customer Support Center