[OM] Re: [OT] food, was: Tamales

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] food, was: Tamales
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:29:16 -0500
The nearest I ever come to a vegetarian meal is when I encounter a
chef's or Cobb salad, or when it's my turn to cook and I prepare
my least meaty specialty, colcannon, which takes only a pound of
bacon and a half pound of real Irish butter and a touch of milk.
It's my belief that my species didn't scratch and claw its way to
the top of the food chain to eat only veggies!

The ingredients for colcannon (omitting my secret stuff):

3 pounds potatoes, scrubbed
1/2 lb. butter
1 1/4 cups hot milk
Freshly ground black pepper
1 head cabbage, cored and finely shredded
1 lb. ham or bacon, cooked the day before
4 scallions, finely chopped
Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish

Walt, who's already had his heart attack and still gives not a
rat's ass/arse about this cholesterol bulls**t.

The more you read and observe about this politics thing, you got
to admit that each party is worse than the other.  The one that's
out always looks the best. -- Will Rogers