[OM] Re: Kodak to stop selling film cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Kodak to stop selling film cameras
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:35:41 EST
I think the general decline in film camera sales will be hastening APS's
demise. If digital wasn't around I think manufacturers could have made
something
out of APS. My Canon Elph Jr. is a surprisingly good camera, but give someone a
choice of a 4MP digital  in the same size body, and you have a real hard
choice. Especially when the public is being told by makers and sellers that
they
MUST go digital, that it's the future, it's inevitable, don't be left
behind...etc.

Also- It's one thing to have 15% of a (film camera) market that's 25 million
units, another thing entirely when that shrinks to 5% of 10 million units.

But Kodak? Who's gonna miss THEIR cameras? I think most of them were made in
China anyway, and had the Kodak name slapped on them. IMO, they were/are
BORING. All plastic and nothing to get excited about.

George S.