[OM] Re: Vertical format and heavy lenses -- the Manfrotto solution

Subject: [OM] Re: Vertical format and heavy lenses -- the Manfrotto solution
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:55:29 +1030
At 9:44 AM -0500 2004.01.17, Daniel Sepke wrote:

>If I am remembering right doesn't the mount on a bellows have a screw
>adjustment for this. I seem to recall you can take the mount all the way
>off the rear bellows standard (thus how you sometimes find an Olympus
>labelled bellows with a Nikon lens mount at the back end). Since this
>ring is removable I seem to remember that you can have the body rotated
>90 degrees, or anywhere in between if that floats your boat.

Thanks for reminding me of that.

I had in fact been using a "simplified" macro setup (the one that goes
camping with us, so I can say "see I have left something behind"  :-) ),
which omits the bellows and uses just a focussing rail plus focussing
stage, and a couple of extension rings, mostly with the 50/3.5.

Clearly this is for smaller magnifications. I'll review what I can do
with the bellows in that area.

thanks
  Andrew