[OM] Re: 17mm lens/slides from digital

Subject: [OM] Re: 17mm lens/slides from digital
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:19:40 -0400

> Hi Moose,
> Thanks for mentioning my service, although I still have the film recorder
> but there was very few business in last two years and it is idle most of
the
> time. If anyone interest to have sample slide just tell me. I will also
give
> special price to the list member, just US$1.0 per output (minimum 15) or
> US$25 a roll of 36.
>
> C.H.Ling

I will certainly keep this in mind if I do decide to take the C5050 with me
to S. America. It may be that there would be some images I'd want to have
made into slides.

Being new to all this digital stuff though leaves me with a lot of questions
though. When in Bolivia, I was thinking of shooting in a lower image size,
maybe good enough for 4x6 prints, in order to get more images on a card, as
I don't have that much storage space to go with the camera yet. But I
suspect I'd need to shoot at near the best in order to make a slide. Is that
correct? Then there comes the problem of transferring an amount of files
that large. Also, there is the cropping problems I have to keep in mind when
shooting with the C5050.

I was shooting with it in sports mode at my son's basketball game today. I
have to admit sometimes those canned program modes come in handy. But the
shutter lag is a real problem.
Wayne