[OM] Re: Tamales

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamales
From: Regan Conley <reganconley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:16:49 -0500
I don't know about other parts of the Southwest, but in So. California,
tamales are a traditional Christmas food.  A friend of mine, who came
from a Boston Irish-Italian family, grew up in a Mexican neighborhood in
Los Angeles.  Their family used to make ravioli at Christmas -- they'd
roll them out on the kitchen table and use juice glasses to cut them
out.  Then they'd go around and exchange gifts with their neighbors  ---
tamales for ravioli.