[OM] Re: New Toy! Bill Barber made me do it.

Subject: [OM] Re: New Toy! Bill Barber made me do it.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:34 EST
In a message dated 1/14/2004 1:18:56 PM Central Standard Time,
hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Thanks a lot, Bill!

I just closed a deal for a LN Toyo 45A(R) 4X5 field camera
{8^))))))  You made my day.  Mine should be here on Friday, however unlike
you, I will need to pick up a lens or two.  I'm thinking somewhere in the 65 to
75mm range as it is arriving with a 135mm Nikkor.  Walt, maybe you could just
send all your lenses to me, so I can figure out what focal lengths I need.
I'll send the others back to you.

Now if I can just produce some images like those done by Clyde Butcher and
included in the February 2004 issue of Shutterbug.  His web site is
www.clydebutcher.com .  I'm sure that will hppen in no time, we are after all
about the
same age.

Speaking of images and wishing to have some OM content, the results of the
annual show for Houston Photographic Society were announced last night.  There
were 140+ images representing the work of 50+ photographers.  Nine of the
images were mine and of the 11 awards presented last night, I recieved one
which
was an honorable mention in the B&W category.  That image was made in August at
the London Olympus list meeting and was of the London Eye.

Bill Barber