[OM] Mirror foam

Subject: [OM] Mirror foam
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:58:10 +0000
Hi,

I'm in the process of replacing light seals on my OM2n and should therefore presumably do the mirror foam at the same time.

(As an aside should the newness of mirror foam be taken into account in tripod vibration test? Old foam with reduced damping properties is going to set up more vibration I would think.)

I haven't cleaned the old foam off yet as I need to check that Colchester Camera Repair (in the UK) has sent me the correct bits of foam before I do, but looking at the mirror foam it doesn't look to be all at the same 'height'. If you think of the shape of the foam as a golf club with the 'handle' running down each side of the focussing screen, the 'handles' seem to be fractionally further away from the mirror than the 'head' of the club. Am I imagining this? Does it serve any purpose?

James