[OM] Tripod recommendations

Subject: [OM] Tripod recommendations
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:53:00 -0400
Well I'm seriously thinking of cracking and upgrading my tripod (currently a
Manfrotto 055cb). As I've mentioned before, I'm looking at replacing my
ballhead with an Acratech Ultimate Ballhead (should work better than my
current head and it's almost 200g lighter).

Considering some carbon fibre options. Mostly, the Gitzo 1227, Manfrotto 441
(Bogen 3443) and 443 (Bogen 3443D) seem to be likely candidates at the
moment. Any comments about these or any recommendations for a different pod?

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/