Re: [OM] You ask now listen

Subject: Re: [OM] You ask now listen
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 22:25:16 -0500
There is still very little OM content other than the dubious one of the equipment used. Originally, the list was for the discussion of the OM equipment line. That seems to have been carried to it's limit. What used to make this list special was the specific information gleened about our camera line. Special little unknown and insignificant items like how many different 50mm/1.8 lenses were made and what kind of screws were used. Talk about anything not OM was frowned upon - including lenses by other makers, other cameras made by Olympus, and especially cameras made by other companies. There are other lists for those topics.

The purpose for this list seems to have changed markedly over the last two years. Many have left because of the change, and many have joined since. I don't know who is now to decide what is the purpose of this list since there doesn't seem to be a consensus.

Our various TOPE, ADITL and the Olympus Webring seem to do what you are asking for in a majority of areas. I personally find it very difficult to plan, execute, develop and send photos on a regular basis with the time frame we currently have. Many times I have planned and taken a photograph, only to find the time limits exceeded before the film is finished or sent off for development. I appreciate that you have been able to contribute to every one of the last three or four, but not many have. Maybe if the categories were given but the time frame were left open, as in TOPE 1?

I do know that when I joined this list it was composed of a group of individuals who knew proper etiquette and decorum. That seems to have changed as the years have passed.

gregg

Under OM Photo Presentations:
Nature & Wildlife
Landscape Photographer City, Still life & Abstract
People Photography
Black & White Vision
Macro World
Sports Corner
Wedding Photographer

These categories would bring the BS to a halt because you would be
having too much fun.
Assignments and critique
Weekly Assignments
Monthly Assignments
Photo Critique
Technical and aesthetic critique

OM Gear-talk
Len's Zuiko, Tamron est.
Digital corner
Lighting technique
Editing & Printing
Buy and Sell
AND FINALLY.............. drum roll please.
Bullshit Forum (there'd be no empty seat here ;)

You may THINK I'm crazy and insensitive but I know what would work.
This set up is not far off from the modern chat pages out there.