Re: [OM] OT 'olympususa' ID on eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] OT 'olympususa' ID on eBay
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:55:24 -0800
Interesting ... sounds as if Olympus America and Olympus Japan have had a
major parting of ways. If Olympus America were going to be importing E-1's
etc they would probably still be pushing to label the E-1 differently from
the international marked ala OM4-T vs OM4-Ti. I received a letter a month or
two ago from the local Olympus Microscope representative/sales office saying
that they no longer carried new Olympus microscopes.

Other importers (Heliopan and Mamiya) seem to be very vigilant about people
even daring to sell equipment on yaBe described as like new.

-jeff