[OM] OT 'olympususa' ID on eBay

Subject: [OM] OT 'olympususa' ID on eBay
From: fred42@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:30:15 -0500
Hello all,

Just thought the group would like to see what I got back from OA when I
reported to them the recent id renaming incident involving 'olympususa'.

------

Good morning Daniel,  we appreciate the heads up on that.  However,  to the
best of my knowledge said user is technically not doing anything in
violation of ebay or Olympus policy.  He is using a unique name that no
other user has and our actual name is Olympus America Inc.  Once again we
do appreciate your concern but I honestly don't think there is anything you
or I can do.  I will check into it though.

Thank you,

Olympus America Inc.

-------

So it would appear that neither they or eBay are that concerned over it. I
would imagine that until the offending user tries to claim he is actually
Olympus there is nothing they (OA) can do about it.

Sad.

Dan S.