Re: [OM] US Sales of digital cameras in 2003 Q3

Subject: Re: [OM] US Sales of digital cameras in 2003 Q3
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 20:29:21 EST
I believe that historically, many of these companies keep their $$$ sales
figures fairly quiet. It's been difficult to even access sites such as PMA to
find these figures.
Maybe someone who subscribes to PMA (the Photo Marketing Association) can get
access to such info? I keep finding only general info, such as from Aug 2002
to Aug 2003 sales of analog cameras have fallen 37%, and sales of digital
cameras increased 40%.

Don't forget, that Olympus is a relatively small company and shouldn't need
the biggest market share to turn a nice profit. I think, size, for size,
they're doing very well in comparison to Canon, etc.

George S.

joegwinn@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Unit shares are interesting, but incomplete. What are the $(etc.) shares?

Yes.  Don't know; the article didn't say.  Does anybody know?

Joe Gwinn