Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-70mm f/4: Opinion?

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-70mm f/4: Opinion?
From: Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 14:50:09 -0500
I'm not particularily fond of mine...but then I am not particularily fond of zooms. Photographs made with it look fine, though I have never made enlargements from them. I think that it is probably the bulkyness that I don't like, that and the dark microprism it seems to cause on my focusing screen. They are not particularly expensive, so I dont mind using it in dirty places or where it might be damaged.
Charles

Gene Wilburn wrote:

I picked up one of these used last year but have never put it to the
test. In your experience, is it a lens worth keeping? I've since heard
that this is not of of the better Zuikos. I'm thinking of thinning out
my Zuiko collection and this might be a candidate since I tend to use
primes.

On the other hand, if it's a reasonable performer, it might make a good
carry-around lens. I know, I should test it thoroughly, but I haven't
had the time and I'd like to hear some opinions about it before I make
any.

Gene