Re: [OM] [XA] loose batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] [XA] loose batteries
From: Svein Skjøtskift <svein@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:32:39 +0100
Hello nils,
Two easy suggestions: Of course you should clean the battery contacts as good as possible, but I guess you have done that allready. If the XA2 is like the others, there is a spring in the bottom of the battery compartment. Bend a paperclip as a hook and gently bend/pull the springblade towords you (or use a pair of pointed and bent pincers). This will create enough tension to tighten the contact. BTW, the same problem applies to the A11 or A16 flashes, they probably used some soft metal in the production.

Have a happy new year (with only good connections!)
Svein