[OM] re: OT computer questions

Subject: [OM] re: OT computer questions
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:38:49 -0800

>You are dying the 'death of 10,000 cuts'
>
>You can buy a real computer for like $600 that has WAY more resources
>than anything you can do to what you've got.
>
>You've already violated the principle, the 'cheap' card will not be
>needed or useful with a contemporary computer.
>
>Moose
>
>-------------------------

Moose, Are you insinuating that my computer is not a real computer?
What's that make my 8088 backup?  Seriously, true enough about the
USB2/firewire card, the $20 just buys time but the video card should
migrate  just fine.  Plus I found a BIOS update that promises to
support  a faster (i.e. less slow) processor of which I just happen to
have a pull from someone now using a real computer ;>) plus  128gig hd
support so maybe i won't need the add on controller after all. So for
about$535 less than the $600 new computer and a few bandaids ;>) I'll be
back in business for a while longer. Closer to topic, my wacom tablet
now works great so now I can go screw up some perfectly good photos and
waste printer ink :>)

Mike
(thanks for the off list replies)