Re: [OM] Re: i can change if i have to i guess

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: i can change if i have to i guess
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:45:10 EST
Moose,
Olympus led the world IMO, when it came to compact point and shoots. My first
digital was the D-360, 1.3 MP, which was slightly bigger than a Stylus film
camera. They had many similar sized to choose from, all with AA battery power.
Are you saying the AA setup caused them to be bigger than the competition?
I'll take AAs any day over a custom battery pack, even if it added a few
millimeters to the size. I have an E-10, and my kids each have a 2 MP compact
digital, and I can't tell you the ease and non-stresser that it is to be able
to have
3 or 4 sets of AA rechargables and a small charger in each room. NOBODY ever
cries that they want to go shoot and the batteries are dead. The kids are used
to keeping 1 set in the camera and another set ready in the charger.

George S.

When I was looking for a compact P&S digital a couple of years ago, all
the Oly stuff went off the list as soon as I looked at it. Why? Because
the battery setup made them bigger than my target size. The Can*n S110 I
bought was about half the bulk of the Olys. The only mistake I made? I
bought a spare battery and have never needed it. Camera gives better
results than I expected and I've never had any battery problems. It goes
with me when an equivalent spec Oly wouldn't because of the size.

Moose