[OM] Christmas, etc.

Subject: [OM] Christmas, etc.
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:20:22 -0600
I hope everyone had a merry Christmas (or merry some other sort of
end-of-year holiday).

I was pleased to present several OM-created gifts to friends and loved one
this year:  A framed print of my friend Penny boarding a DeHavilland Dragon
Rapide at Duxford this summer, a print of a gorgeous Hawker Hurricane
running up at the same airfield for her husband (and my friend) Don, and a
print of a monastic graveyard in Ireland for my sister-in-law, who is oddly
fond of old graveyards.

I further enjoyed shooting one of my neglected OM-2Ns during our annual
pre-Christmas ski trip with my 10-year old nephew.  I always seem to pick
the OM-4ts up first when headed out, but I took the -2N this time.  The -2N
did a fine job in varying conditions and cold.  The camera and four lenses
(16, 28, 50, 75-150) fit in a compact little Tamrac fanny pack - and all
survived the trip's single head over ski-boots fall intact (hint: don't ski
with a video camera viewfinder to your eye unless someone is watching for
seated snowboarders for you).  I intentionally left my new plasticy digicam
home because it seems so fragile.  All of my ski slope pictures are pretty
well focused.  The ski-area photographer who got $32 from my wife for two
5x7 prints of me and my nephew missed focus by at least 6 feet with his
n*k*n DSLR an also had motion blur despite his VR lens.

BTW, I've changed ISP and the new address is above.

Now, to get my winter exchange shot printed. . .

regards,
Gary

Gary Edwards

www.peopleplacesflight.com