Re: [OM] telescopic extension tube

Subject: Re: [OM] telescopic extension tube
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:34:44 -0000
The truth is the converse Andy - the 80/4 and 135/4.5 macro lenses cannot be
used on the camera body (they protrude rearwards and would foul the mirror)
so they must be used either on the 65-116 tube, or on bellows (at the
necessary minimum extension to avoid mirror impact!).

Any OM mount lens can be used on the tube, but not necessarily with the same
quality of results at that extension, as with true macro lenses (of which
there are others, both Zuiko and not).

Bob Docherty has already pointed you to the 65-556 page in eSIF.  In
addition, I suggest a look at the macro manual
http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif/macrophotogroup/manuals/macro
photogroup.pdf

Piers