Re: [OM] Re: Tokina AT-X 28-85 no bids

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Tokina AT-X 28-85 no bids
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:31:00 -0400

> Well,
>
> I received this lens today, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that
not
> only did the lens look like new, but included in the package was a new
62mm
> screw-in   collapsible rubber hood, and curiously, an extra front lens
cap.  The
> front cap also still fits with the hood attached. So, not expecting a
hood, I
> was quite happy.
>
> Happy Holidays to all,
> George S.

I have the original lens cap for mine, but the spring mechanism inside the
cap was made of plastic, and broke. And it won't take epoxy. It's the only
thing about the lens that wasn't built with quality. So you might want to
hang on to the spare cap. I have to go looking for a generic one for mine.
The regular collapsible hood I have vignettes at 28mm to about maybe 32mm,
seems okay at 35mm. I've been thinking of a way to make a tulip shaped one,
and am still looking for the right sized and shaped plastic dish to start
with.
Wayne