Re: [OM] Semi-OT/The Wright Centinnial, or "Flop in the Slop"

Subject: Re: [OM] Semi-OT/The Wright Centinnial, or "Flop in the Slop"
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:05:54 +1100
Yup.
Much as we here hate being beaten by New Zealanders, this is reasonably compelling. Earlier, higher, further?
AndrewF

http://chrisbrady.itgo.com/pearse/pearse.htm
http://www.destination.co.nz/temuka/pearse.htm
http://www.billzilla.org/pearce.htm
http://www.mark.nagy.com/new-zealand/first-in-flight.html

Hmmmmmm Don't know bout no Pearse. Got a story to tell?  /jim

Down here we simply ignored it all because we know that Pearse got
there first but had a lesser PR flack.
(Now that's gotta trigger something :)
AndrewF

Gee, I figured _someone_ here would have posted something about the
re-enactment of the Wright brother's first powered flight 100 years ago
at Kill Devil Hills, NC.  Could it be that no one else here was in