[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4479

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4479
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:51:55 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Winsor,
This may be true of Canon, as well, but  the 1D autofocusses so incredibly fast
on anything you point it at if you leave the autofocus switch on and depress
the shutter halfway, that it seems impossible to tweak focus manually w/o
switching the AF off on the lens. It's so accurate that I really don't feel the
need to tweak the autofocus very often, if at all. It will track focus on
fast-moving objects more accurately and faster than anything I have ever
experienced.

Along these lines, I was reading the beautiful E-1 brochure I got from Keeeble
(which you should pick up if you can; some beautiful photos in there). There is
a shot of some motocrossers getting some air that was taken with the E-1
specific 300/2.8. The photographer said that the autofocus on the E-1 was so
good could get the riders in focus closing head-on at him even at speeds of 30
mph!!!  Wow! 30 mph!  What I want to know is will it do it on an Indy Car
closing on you at  over 160 mph...

http://photos.imageevent.com/puma_cat/cartlagunaseca2003///9Visteon6.jpg

-Stephen.