Re: [OM] 4 sale, OM topic

Subject: Re: [OM] 4 sale, OM topic
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 17:01:57 EST
If champagne 4T's get $500, how is $800 justified for a black one? I know
they're a _little_ higher, but $300?!
Is it because the photons pass thru a black body on the way to the film and
therefore the contrast and flare resistance is better? ... But then ...
wouldn't the use of a silver-nose lens negate that advantage??

George S.

jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Actually I thought the $635 BIN was rather low... recent auctions for new,
or nearly new e.g. "mint" 4Ti's seem to have been higher than that... but
$800 is right in the ballpark IMO. For one showing signs of use that seems
to drop rather quickly by about 25%, but even the champagne 4T's seem to
bring $500 or so. Glad I bought mine a while back <g>.