Re: [OM] Winder 2 battery life

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 2 battery life
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:46:20 -0000
Here's what Mannheim has to say on the (similar) subject:

MD1 fitted with the following power packs:
M18v with 12 Alkaline AA gives up to 150 136-36
M18v with 12 NiCad AA gives up to 70 135-36 (fresh batteries with a full
charge)
M15v NiCad pack gives up to 40 135-36 (fresh batteries with a full charge)

Winder 1 with 4 Alkaline AA gives up to 50 136-36
Winder 1 with 4 NiCad AA gives up to 16 136-36 (fresh batteries with a full
charge)

Given that his book was published before Winder 2 and MD 2 appeared (1979,
in fact), I think we can assume that the Nicads he had in mind for M18v and
Winder 1 were of lower capacity than 2Ah, so my rough guess would be 20-25
135-36 from a full charge on your NiMH. And an even rougher guess would
suggest 100 135-36 from 4 Lithium AAs.

Other sources indicate that MD2 manages half as much per charge as MD1,
partly due to the second motor, and possibly also because of the motor
rewind it offers.

Naturally, "YMMV"

Piers