Re: Re: [OM] Digital and the Olympus E System

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Digital and the Olympus E System
From: lamadoo@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 5:29:48 +0000
No, it's not true.  Gentlemen, the viewfinder is not small because the sensor
is small.  They could put a 20x on it if they felt like it.  The view is small
because they save money by using a smaller pentaprism.  They can use a smaller
pentaprism if the magnification is low.

Step back.  Take a breath.  Get some O2 up there.  Exhale.  Now consider this:
Is a first run movie "small" because the sensor is small?  No.  There are
optics between the sensor and what you see.  The sensor size has *NO* bearing
on the image size that you see.

Lama

PS, If you missed the point, don't worry.  It will come up every week in the
new year.

> From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Is this really true? Was the Olympus Pen this way?

Some one was banging on the "Small Viewfinder Myth" again this week:
> >Because the image and mirror is so much smaller. That is the downside
> >of a 2x focal length equivalence.
> through one once, a long time ago.)

Kicked off by an innocent observation: