Re: [OM] Digital and the Olympus E System

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital and the Olympus E System
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 06:36:13 -0800
I had the opportunity to play with a friend's E-1 for a bit yesterday, and I
was frankly a little surprised myself.  I expected a slightly smaller
package.  Seemed just about E10/20 sized to me.  Only got to sample the
14~54 lens, although the owner also has the 50/2 macro lens.  It does, for
the most part, snap into focus quite fast.  Went out behind the building I
work in and tried to focus on an airplane that had just taken off (I work
next-door to Boeing's Everett plant at Paine Field), and it couldn't do it.

While small, as previously noted, I didn't find the viewfinder as annoying
as some have.

The grip was, again, a little large for me.  I guess I was anticipating a
sort of OM-Phoenix.

As to the "why not a 4T", is that a "four-T", "fore-T", or are you saying
you're forty?