Re: [OM] Digital Cameras -OT comment

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Cameras -OT comment
From: "Mickey Trageser" <Gad-Zuiks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:03:52 -0500
I was assuming NiMH AA's would be the preference when choosing a device
based on AA battery type. Even so, the proprietary Lithium Ion cell in my
D-Rebel is much easier to change and handle overall than several AAs per
load/unload, as in my daughter's Oly digital. I did not and won't choose a
camera body based on the availability of AA use. Now, flash units are
another story!! I revel in the availablity of NiMH AA's for flash use. I
can't think of a better solution for these high drain devices except to be
able to pop the 4 cell holder from the Vivitar unit right into a charger.

I have all but banished the alkaline AA cell from this household. (they
still seem better in flashlights)

I agree with all of your comments on the AA situation, save for one. I very
much like my 1 hour charger.

-Mickey