Re: [OM] OM Pin-hole photography problem - help!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Pin-hole photography problem - help!
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 22:28:20 +1300
Hi John, you wrote

> In the 80's, Model Railroader published a good article on pinhole
> photography.  This involved mounting a tiny disc of shim brass (with pinhole
> drilled in center) inside your lens, directly in front of the actual diaphragm
> blades.  Disc is suspended on 3 tiny legs, epoxied to the diaphragm plate.
>
> Wide open, the lens could "see" around the pinhole allowing you to do your
> composing.
>
> Shooting at f16, all light for the exposure would depend on what came
> through the pinhole.  Add OTF flash control (like 1 or 2-T32s up close) and
> it's
> pretty nifty.  Here are 2 B&W samples of my results:
>
> www.zuiko.com/pinhole_1.htm  pic is about 115K
> www.zuiko.com/pinhole_2.htm  pic is about 66K

> John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com

Nice sharp shots with great DOF. But, since you have used the optics of the
lens, and the drilled brass sheet is merely providing an aperture that is
MUCH smaller than the smallest f/ stop of the Zuiko, IMO this isn't true
pinhole photography.

As I see it, pinhole photography lets none of the photons come through glass
on their way to the film.

Interesting technique, but not classic pinhole.

Brian