Re:[OM] Let the rat leave the (allegedly) sinking ship!

Subject: Re:[OM] Let the rat leave the (allegedly) sinking ship!
From: "jonathan arklay" <jsarklay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:21:22 -0000
Please forgive the impertinence of a newbie.
I was a spotty 15 year old when I dreamed of pro level OM's. I passionately
wanted one then and am delighted to own one or two now.

If this list contains the 'hardcore' zuikoholics and OM heads from all four
corners of the globe then surly we should actively encourage the deserters.

Every digi convert is one more seller and one less bidder on ebay.

Whilst I'm delighted to have found likeminded Oly & OM nuts, and would hate
to be left alone again, I will eagerly snap up a few bargain super fast MC
Zuiko's, shifters, mint OM3ti's etc from those who no longer need them.

I might be misled but I believe the OM system still provides the best value
35mm optical & mechanical engineering on the planet and as such am prepared
to concede that, in my case at least, the camera is of superior quality to
the photographer.

I had a good quality compact digi and sold it to fund an OM4. My images
improved dramatically overnight. It's the inspiration, not the technology,
that produces great images (a bit of good metering helps too I suppose).

I concede that digital will control the future 'development' of photography,
but the OM system exists today & works very well. It will still work very
well in 100 years time, just like a lot of 19th & early 20th century stuff
still does. Even if some concession is given to convenience. If photography
was about continence we would all shoot in 'Program' mode!!.

jon

p.s. why the hell are MD2's soooo expensive, even compared to their N*k*n
counterparts????

p.p.s I used an E1 the other day and had to be forced not to sell the
children into slavery to buy it......just like the OM - it's ergonomics are
superb.....beyond equal at the moment.