Re: [OM] Digital v OM, lubricants for OM-2S, Cheap Zooms

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital v OM, lubricants for OM-2S, Cheap Zooms
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 06:17:54 -0800

As someone else has already pointed out, I wouldn't include your 21/3.5 in a
list of 'inexpensive primes'.  It's a list favorite, and as has been noted
routinely fetches 300USD or more on eyebuy.

The last second bidding you see is more than likely sniping programs.  I
used to wait at my keyboard for the final few moments of auctions of
interest to me, and then try to hammer the keys fast enough to snag a
winning bid.  Almost never succeeded.  The snipe programs render such
activity unnecessary.

You might want to look around at the inventory of places like B&H and KEH,
too.  You may pay a little more than on eyebuy, but it reduces your risk
substantially.

Welcome to the list.

Jim