Re: [OM] A last hurrah?

Subject: Re: [OM] A last hurrah?
From: petertje@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:06:47 +0200
Hi,

> I'm beginning to feel a bit like a stranger here. I've never deleted so
> much at-a-glance (a nice analogue activity) in my life on the list.

Yes, and the funniest thing is that the amount of complaining seems to be
directly proportional to the amount of SLR activity from the side of Olympus.

A few years ago, this list was a nice discussion forum of like minds.  There
were experts and top-experts, and people listening breathlesly to both when
they needed help.  From time to time, there was a lament of lack of SLR
activity from Olympus.

Now there is a new SLR from Olympus, and because it's new, everybody knows very
little about it, but a large amount of people feel the need to whine that it
doesn't conform completely to their wish list.  It's obvious that launching new
cameras must be an ordeal if one would consider the amount of whining on
mailing lists.  I expect that, if and when an E-2, E-3, E-10 and E-100 hit the
markets, this list will be so overwhelmed with whining that I'd better
unsubscribe and move on to 6x6 like I've been planning to do for some time.  Do
you know that for the price of one E-1 (or comparably interesting digital SLR)
I can buy 10 Bronica 6x6 with standard lens and film back on eB*y ?  Digitize
that :-p

Fortunately, from time to time voices of wisdom, like the eternally accurate
John Hermanson, come up, or people send links to pictures of their teachers
that make me go *wow*, and I'm reminded how good this list actually is.  Keep
up the good work !

Peter.