Re: [OM] Attitude was: E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] Attitude was: E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:51:53 -1000
I have to agree on how good my 35mm slides came out from Costco at the
12X18, why buy a printer at this cost?
Dan

"I'm getting 12x18"
prints on crystal archive paper from Costco for $2.99 each that are
simply amazing."

The results I am seeing never cease to blow me away. I'm getting 12x18"
prints on crystal archive paper from Costco for $2.99 each that are
simply amazing. No noise, no jpeg artifacts, superb image quality. I
have quite a few 11x14" ilfochromes and cibachromes custom printed from
RDP100 or Provia F slides. They are grainy, lack the detail, and simply
don't even really compare. Customers notice the results too--club event
sales are up, and, equipment costs aside, costs have fallen.

I will have some OM gear FS soon (once I decide what I can part with)
and have a bunch of fresh Provia F in the 'fridge I likely wont use
before expiration. I'm slipping back to "lurk mode" again now ;-) From
the dark side, but still and OM fan...

Mike Veglia