Re: [OM] digital poll

Subject: Re: [OM] digital poll
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:35:03 -0500
Still no decision here.

I read the extensive E-1 threads over on dpreview.com with interest, trying to
convince myself that the 5mgpx will be enought for up to 11x14.  I also find
the allure of a 2-3 lens kit to be very appealing.

The immediate future prospects of a D100 and 10D successor with larger pixel
counts is also heavy on my mind, as is the E-1 story 12 months hence, when
there is another model or two to complement the E-1, perhaps with a higher
pixel count?

I read about the 10D and D100 users moving to the E-1 and being very pleased,
with effectively no difference between the two cameras, except that the E-1 is
lighter, has better lenses, and produces images with less workflow.

Still, I don't have a burning need to buy a DSLR NOW, so I'll likely wait until
late spring at least.  By PMA, whatever is coming will appear from N and C.
And the E-1 prices will drop.  I have a wholesale source for the E-1 system, so
that shoudl shave 200ff the retail cost of a body and a couple of lenses.

Skip