Re: [OM] digital poll

Subject: Re: [OM] digital poll
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:05:21 -0500
At 07:19 PM 11/29/03 -0600, garyetx@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>There are several List Members who have made a similar decision
and are still on the List.  What did you decide?

Hi Gary,

I'm only part way there but the decision was relatively easy for me. I wanted to be able to shoot film with the same AF lenses I use for digital, I wanted IS, and I wanted to try and see if I could make eye-control focus work (even though I wear glasses). So, my first purchases were a Canon EOS 3 film body and a 24-70, f2.8 lens. Yes, I know, the lens isn't IS but the follow-up 70-200, f2.8 will be and I'll be purchasing a 28-135 IS lens to use as a walking around, travel lens. I'm still waiting on purchasing the digital body to see what, if anything, Canon does with full frame sensors in the near future. The E-1 wasn't even on my radar because of my desire to have a film body and digital body that share AF lenses.

BTW - yes, so far I do love the EOS 3.

Later,
Johnny