Re: [OM] E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor
From: "Mickey Trageser" <Gad-Zuiks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:43:14 -0500
You're kidding, right? Hahahahaha... you're killing me... rotflmao and
crying in my soup...

 It's simple they won't let any common sense stand in their way of starting
over. They left us behind to take the only approach they thought would have
a chance of success. Start anew. Maintaining a link with their legacy
products, which were realistically abandoned years ago, would offer Oly no
way to run with or against the big boys. I don't really fault the approach,
since they took themselves out of the pro race long ago.

But I don't see any reason to withhold the adapter. Let it go with the
caveat that the new Zuiks will work much better with this camera. If the
adapter was available, more bodies would sell with the base lens, which will
in turn bring more lens sales eventually. Without the adapter, far fewer
Zuikoholics will venture into E-1 land, at least until the price point is
more equitable with the competition. Maybe they will release the adapter in
time. I'm sure in the back of their heads is the notion that if someone
twists the mount off their 8mm lens or 24 shift in that adapter, they'll be
liable.  <sigh>

Maybe they just feel it's better to just say no. No link to the past. No
need to look over the shoulder. Hopefully they won't stand in the way of
another enterprise who would make the adapter...

Mickey